OK guys, this week was a busy one. First, I participated in my Ribbon Cutting Ceremony at Tallahasse Chamber of Commerce on Monday - WOOWEE!!
Monday afternoon found me at a Manufacturers Association of Florida meeting, where I learned about developments in the manufacturing industry as they prepared for “Manufacturers Day At The Capital”.
On Tuesday and Wednesday I spent my days at the DoubleTree Hotel in downtown Tallahassee, where the following meetings took place:
· Rural and Urban Working Group
· Competitiveness Working Group
· Technology, Entrepreneurship & Capital Committee
· Global Commerce & Investment Committee
· Florida Life Sciences Council
· Legislative Policy Committee
· Board & Stakeholders Meetings
There was a great wealth of information provided at these meetings related to Florida’s economy, economic incentives, and Florida’s key industries. The general consensus of the group was to determine how to keep the State’s competitiveness to bring in new and retain existing Florida jobs.
On Thursday, the Office of Small Business Advocate held a Small Business Issues Forum in Tallahassee to figure out what burning issues were affecting small businesses. Business owners voiced concerns about the following topics:
· Regulations affecting licensed businesses, but lack of penalties for competitors who are not licensed.
· Difficulty in finding out information from one source, rather than having to look all over the internet.
· Doing business with State government.
· Contracting issues for minority-owned and other small businesses.
On Friday, I joined a List Building Challenge call with Emily Morgan (www.virtualfabulosity.com). Finally, on Saturday I will participate in a Toastmasters training workshop. Then, it is time for a little "Rest & Relaxation"